If you can't get a job then...
If we are to believe this infographic on the left than we know that statistics say 93% of first impressions are determined by your body language and knowledge of appropriate dress and hygiene leaving only 7% determined by the words we choose to use to display our knowledge and skills.
Our young adults on the autism spectrum are often highly educated and highly motivated to work yet lack all those skills (the 93% that matter) that determine how hiring managers decide and end up jobless and depressed.
What's my ultimate point here?
We need to start social skills training for all children on the autism spectrum in elementary school so that when they are teens and are ready to graduate from high school they are confident in their skills and can be independent and go out and get a job and keep it! For those of you reading this who are adults yourselves or parents of teens and/or adults, it's never too late to start! But for those little ones who are just finding out...don't wait!!
Happy Fridgid Monday Morning!